The “Light and Elegant Whites” box
This box is a selection of 6 light and delicate white wines, for the wine drinkers who like their whites rather more on the refined and subtle side, more than the big and aromatic side of the spectrum.
Each of these wines has been selected from the top wines featured in our monthly boxes over the last year or so, and are absolute crowd pleasers. Each wine comes in perfectly sized “one-glass” 187ml bottle.
Check the full list of wine in the description tab below.
Out of stock
This box contains the six wines below:
- Colome Torrontes – Argentina – Salta – 2015: This wine is so aromatic, fresh, with a good roundness and fruit. Honestly this is one to have in the fridge for all occasions, to pop open for a drink when you have a couple friends over, as a garden drinking wine or as a more serious food wine
- Domaine du Verger Muscadet de Sevre et Maine – France – Loire – 2015: A crisp white as you would expect from Muscadet, but the lees bring it a bit of creamyness and complexity. Without doubt a wine for the summer and a platter of oysters.
- Bourgogne Chardonnay, Domaine Henri Prudhon – France – Burgundy – 2015: A beautiful Bourgogne Chardonnay, made from grapes mainly coming from St Aubin in the Cote de Beaune. The wine is slightly oaked in older casks which opens up the wine and gives it a beautifully harmonious palate without adding richness.
- Lagar de Cervera 2014 Albariño – Spain – Rias Baixas – 2015: A wonderful crisp white wine and a marvellous example of how pure Rias Baixas wines can be. This Albarino has a beautiful freshness and minerality, yet shows a lovely fruit element.. Splendid!
- Borthwick Vineyards 2015 Paper Road Sauvignon Blanc – New Zealand – Wairarapa – 2014: The Paper Road Sauvignon blanc is pure NZ Sauvignon blanc… Intense nose of tropical fruit and on the palate a balanced structure and intensity.
- Weingut Rudolf Trossen 2014 Riesling Schieferblume Trocken – Germany – Mosel – 2014: A dry and pure expression of Trossen’s beautiful Mosel terroir. Lime, grapefruit and lemon zest all blend with a riper stone fruit character to show off what is a Riesling of great precision and poise.