The “Light and Elegant Reds” box
This box is a selection of 6 light and elegant red wines, for the wine drinkers who like their reds rather more on the fine and elegant side, more than the big and full of bodied side of the spectrum.
Each of these wines has been selected from the top wines featured in our monthly boxes over the last year or so, and are absolute crowd pleasers. Each wine comes in perfectly sized “one-glass” 187ml bottle.
Check the full list of wine in the description tab below.
22 in stock
This box contains the six wines below:
- Viejas Tinajas, Cinsault, De Martino – Chile – Itata – 2014: An extraordinary wine made from one of the coolest parts of Chile. The wine is made in old clay amphoras in a truly ancient way. This gives us a wine that is delicate and refined and could easily become one of our favourite quaffing wines. Unique!
- Evolution Pinot Noir, Sokol Blosser – USA – Oregon – 2014: The lightest of the Sokol Blosser Pinots and the only one which doesn’t see any wood. Soft, elegant and balanced to perfection. This is a fantastic, juicy, glass of Pinot Noir.
- Borthwick Vineyards, Paper Road Pinot Noir – New Zealand – 2014: A wine with spicy and earthy aromas along with savoury tones. The texture is apparent combined with a supple roundness giving way to a bright core of acidity and a long finish. Definitely, a great wine, waiting to be drunk
- Baglio Rosso, Baglio, Italy – Sicily – 2015: A perfumed, fresh, Nero d’Avola, miles from the over ripe, overly concentrated styles often made in the region. This wine is juicy, and wonderfully balanced. The wine is made with NO sulfur, isn’t fined nor filtered.. Truly natural wine..
- Bourgogne Pinot Noir, Domaine Henri Prudhon – France – Burgundy – 2015: A pure Pinot Noir from Burgundy. This is a benchmark of what Pinot Noir should be like in Burgundy.. Red and black fruit, freshness, good tannin but not overly extracted.. Not heavy, just a glass of juicy, delicate wine that slowly opens itself to you.
- Beaune, Les Aigrots, 1er Cru, Domaine Sébastien Magnien – France – Burgundy – 2013: A beautiful Beaune red, from one of the fast rising names of Burgundy. Expect pure class, velvety tannins a wonderful mouthfeel and complexity. Definitely a wine to leave in the glass for half an hour before you enjoy.